Marketing isn’t cheap. It requires you to invest both time and money to help your organization reach target customers. Marketing correlates with growth, but when you’re trying to tighten the budget, you might wonder if there is a significant enough ROI to justify your marketing spend.
A quick look at the stats shows cutting the marketing budget might do more harm than good in the long term.
When customers start their research, more often than not, they begin looking online. It’s important you have a website that is designed with the user in mind. It needs to be intuitive, modern and helpful.
- 57% of mobile users will recommend alternate websites if they come across one that is unresponsive, poorly designed or not fitted to their mobile platform. (Omnicore)
- Most of your website traffic is going to be driven by search engines, up to 93%. (Omnicore)
- Pairing social media with your website is becoming second nature, as just over 53% of apps and web page logins use Facebook and just under 45% use Google+. (Statista)
- Keep your web page dedicated to content. If more than 15% is taken up as ads or promos, you could be penalized by Google. (SearchEngineLand)
- About 40% of websites are not kept up to date. (NewMediaCampaigns)
- Your viewers care about security. While 40% of organic Google listings are HTTPS, 84% of users will abandon a page that is not secured. (Blue Corona)
- A well optimized website means your guests will linger. However, if it takes longer than 2 seconds to load, they may look elsewhere. (Omnicore)
- Mobile users typically use apps to view their content at around 89%, while 11% use standard websites. (SmartInsights)
- 83% of reported users want a seamless web browsing experience across their mobile devices, tablets, and desktops. (TheFinancialBrand)
- Make your location known in order to get the 30% of mobile users that base their searches on location. (TheFinancialBrand)
- Creating Content on your website means 434% more indexed web pages making it easier for people to find you. Yet, it's only the priority for 37% of companies polled. (Omnicore)
Customers need content, and so do search engines. Blogging is a good way to communicate with your visitors. It’s your company's publishing platform, and it can be your hardest working salesperson.
- 76% of B2B companies said they plan on producing more content this year. (2016 Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends—North America)
- 1 in 10 blogs increase in traffic over time rather than decrease (Hubspot)
- In 2017, 66% of marketers reported using blogs in their social media content.
- Blogs are 63% more influential than traditional media. (MySMN)
- Don't be a part of the 60% of poor or irrelevant content that's out there. Stand out and make content that keeps customers around. (SearchEnginePeople)
- Frequency matters. Companies that published more than 16 blogs per month had three times more traffic than companies that published four or less (Hubspot).
- B2C companies found four times more leads with 11 or more posts per month rather than four or less. (Hubspot)
- It's pretty common to have contributor blog posts and businesses outsource more than half of their blog content. (OmniCore)
- Only 55% of old blogs get a facelift if the content is dated, but the blogs that do get updated are 74% more likely to see positive results. (SnapApp)
- An average blog is around 700-1100 words and takes just under 4 hours to write, with additional time spent editing and adding additional content like photos. (OrbitMedia)
- If nothing else, adding a photograph to your blog will see an increase of 94% more views. (MySMN)
- If you have informational content on your site, you will see an increase of traffic to your site, and generate 3 times the leads. (OmniCore)
- 80% of people making a product or business decision prefer to read informational content from the company, rather than an ad. (OrbitMedia)
- Make your blog content as relevant as possible, because the average time people spend skimming the content is about 37 seconds. (NewsCred)
- You can turn your blog content into a downloadable form. Over 60% of readers will offer their email address for in depth information in a downloadable form. (DemandGen)
Who would have predicted email would be the one feature of the internet to spam decades. Sure, it’s a pretty old school way of communicating compared to videos and social media, but it is still one of your best ways to communicate directly with your customers.
- If you have a promotion going on, send it to your mailing list. 28% of respondents love seeing promos. (Omnicore)
- If you want to get more people to open your emails, your are 14% more likely to get readership to a segmented campaign rather than sending traditional emails. (Mailchimp)
- How your emails are designed matters a lot. Clear and responsive designs see a 15% increase in unique clicks. (emailmonday)
- 23% of companies sending out emails fail to track the useful data that comes from a reader clicking through it. (Omnicore)
- Personalizing an email today is amazingly simple. You will get 6 times the positive response from an email that has been personalized, and yet 70% of companies sending email blasts missed the memo. (MarketingLand)
- People are more likely to open their email on a mobile device rather than a desktop, and that number ranges from 40-60%. (emailmonday)
- Marketing using emails sees a rate of return roughly $38 for ever $1 spent. (Omnicore)
- If you manage an online store, sending out reminder emails about items in a shopping cart sees 50% positive responses from users, while 38% found them annoying. (MarketingSherpa)
- Sending too many emails is a leading cause of clicks to unsubscribe. Irrelevant information and un-interactive information can have a similar outcome. (emailmonday)
- Have you considering an email campaign centered on a video? You could get up to 96% higher click rates. (GetResponse)
- It's a good idea to create an email with the mobile user in mind. Mobile focused emails scale well onto a tablet or desktop, not the other way around. If a mobile user gets an email that doesn't look good, there's a 70% chance it gets deleted right away. (emailmonday)
- 63% of people looking for product information want some form of tangible information and will offer their email in exchange for an ebook with relevant information. (DemandGen)
When the algorithm frequently has major changes is it even possible to stay relevant on social media? We think so. In fact, social media is a fun and engaging way to let customers know about your brand. Advertising is also an effective way of reaching new customers.
- There are over 2 Billion Facebook Users. (Statista)
- Users on average spend in excess of 20 minutes on Facebook a day. (Business Insider)
- Users from the ages of 55-64 are more likely to become more engaged in a brand’s content than people who are 28 or younger. (SocialMediaToday)
- Younger users are 28% more likely to be encouraged to purchase a product based off a social post compared to older individuals who only see a 4% return. (Heidi Cohen)
- 49% of people normally share content they like with their friends, family, or co-workers once a week. (ber-art)
- 75% of consumers say they are influenced to buy because of social media posts. (Biznology)
- 72% of salespeople who use social media will see a significant sales boost compared to their non-social media peers. (Biznology)
- Social media is becoming popular for customer service as well, with 67% of surveyed people saying they use the platform accordingly. (MediaPost)
- Second only to Blogging, social media is one of the top marketing tactics. (OmniCore)
- Video content and social media are a perfect match since 64% of consumers say that's what encouraged their purchasing decision. (Animoto)
- 71% of women connect on facebook to make their purchasing decisions. ([a]list)
It seems like every platform is optimizing for some type of video. It’s a great way to engage with your customers by showing them your brand and not just writing about it. And, people just like to watch videos.
- Why is video important? YouTube has over 30 Million viewers and a Billion hours watched daily. Video is roughly ⅓ of the daily content consumed daily. (OmniCore)
- Videos will bring more inbound links, and visitors tend to stay an extra 2 minutes if you have a video for them to watch. (BrainShark)
- People want to see more videos. In fact, video content is sought after by 53% of viewers. (Hubspot)
- Want to bring viewership to your blogs? Videos can raise viewership up to 157% (SearchEnginePeople)
- If you want to sell, a video is 144% more likely to result in positive results. (MySMN)
- Video is more likely to get organic page ranks, and could see a 41% higher click through than text only results. (BrainShark)
- While ads are getting smarter, 27% of viewers will click away from content if there is an ad that plays beforehand. (OmniCore)
- 62% of Google search results include video, with 80% of those results coming from YouTube. (BrainShark)
- Just over half of the video content out there is less than 2 minutes long, so no need for long and drawn out content. (Hubspot)
- 80% of visitors will watch a video on your page, with 77% of those visitors staying till the end, as opposed to 20% of visitors who stay and read text. (MySMN)
- Optimizing your content with videos can see twice as much organic Google traffic as text only pages (Econsultancy)
Bonus Stats: McMahon Delivers
When it comes to outsourcing marketing, we want to deliver results. It’s important to us that you feel confident in our work and the strategies we implement for your brand.
- We helped Renewal by Andersen increase their website traffic increased by 24.53%, and Rivers’ Edge Countertops website traffic by 194%.
- The landing pages we created for Ameri-Kal received 1,454 page views with a conversion rate of 4.75%.
- In just eight months, WEOKIE Federal Credit Union experienced a boost of 628,211 website visits. 23 blogs were also published during this time, reaching 1,619 views and 2,206 digest subscribes.
Check out all of our case studies to learn more about what we’ve achieved for our clients. Are you looking to achieve hyper growth in your company? Download our free guide to get started. It outlines 10 essential tools we recommend.